Couples have been going on honeymoons to foreign locations since the early 19th century (that we know of)! Whether it’s your first honeymoon, a second honeymoon, or even a babymoon, our destinations are all wonderful places for couples to experience together.
We understand that when it comes to planning your honeymoon, you have a world of options. Literally. Tenon Tours is here to help you find or even create tailor-made trips to fit your ideas and wishes. After all, this is your trip, it should be done your way. Below are our 10 reasons to plan your honeymoon with us:
1. Romantic History & legendsFrom the glow of the London lights to the rushing waterfalls in Iceland there are numerous romantic sights that you will want to experience with your loved one. We even wrote a blog on the Most Romantic Places to Stay in Ireland! The term ‘Honeymoon’ did originate from Ireland after all… Wait, what?
Legends says, for one month after marrying, the couple would drink mead also known as honey wine. One moon of honey equals honey moon. Not so romantically, they hoped to procreate in that one month’s time so that their family couldn’t tear them apart!
See a few of our favorite romantic spots in each of our destinations:
2. TV/FilmAre you a Game of Thrones Fan? How about Harry Potter or Batman? Any Star Wars fans out there? There are countless movie sights across our destinations as well as famous TV filming locations!
3. Scenic SplendorWith awe inducing topography like: The Cliffs of Moher, The Amalfi Coast, and countless more. Our destinations provide the perfect backdrops for all kinds of adventures (and photos!
4. CastlesWhat says a grand adventure more than castles? There are plenty of castle attractions and castle hotels throughout our destinations for you to explore and even spend the night in!
5. Romantic ActivitiesWhether you are into hiking, horseback riding, or taking long walks on the beach our destinations can accommodate for every kind of romantic activity that you can think of!
6. Ancestry & family rootsMany people have ancestral ties to our destinations and are interested in finding out more about their distant family
members. What a perfect way to honor your relatives who couldn’t be present during your nuptials!
7. Cozy AccommodationsFrom quaint B&B’s to extravagant castles and 5-Star hotels, Tenon Tours offers all types and styles of accommodations for you and your loved one to choose from!
8. Friendly LocalsMany people travel to our destinations to get a feel for the camaraderie of the countries and want to immerse
themselves into the different cultures- and we encourage this! From Ireland to Iceland there are so many different types
of people who are welcoming to tourists and can tell you some fantastic stories about their wonderful countries!
9. VersatilityThere are so many different activities and trip types to participate in throughout our destinations so that we can cater
to every type of honeymooner! Want something custom? No problem!
10. Breweries, Distilleries & VineyardsOf course we couldn’t forget the fun part- The countless breweries, distilleries and vineyards throughout our destinations! Whether you want a private tour or just want to participate in a tasting we can set this up for you. There are also plenty of whisky & wine trails to follow and we can provide detailed itineraries for these. Cheers to you and your loved one! 🙂
book your honeymoon today!